Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Good News Day

So many wonderful things either happened, or I became aware of them, today. I hardly know where to begin.

First (gotta start somewhere) I had a great cardio work-out at 24 Hour Fitness today. I was on the treadmill for an hour at 3.6 MPH and burned off nearly 500 calories.

Then, when I got home, I weighed myself before I ate breakfast, and to my delight, I was down, well, I'm not going to tell you the weight I'm at, but lets just say that I've lost a total of 7 lbs since 1/2/2011. For those of you too pretty do be able to do math, that's an average of 1 lb per day. I was ecstatic.

Then, after breakfast and my other usual morning routines, I had errands to run and bills to pay. One of those bills was my car payment at the Golden 1 Credit Union. As I was handing the teller my check and payment coupon, I noticed something that made me stop and look again before she took said items from me. The number on the payment coupon was 40. That means I've only got 20 payments to go and my car is paid-off! That means that 2/3 of that car is MINE!

Then, to put the metaphoric cherry on my equally metaphoric hot fudge sundae, I checked my mega millions lotto ticket on the way home and found out I had won $10.00. O.k., it's not the jackpot, but it's still kind of nice.

No comments: