Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Passing of my Favorite Catwoman

I just heard the news. Eartha Kitt has passed away from colon cancer at the age of 81 and the world has become a little less warm.

Some may disagree, but I have always felt Miss Kitt was the perfect Catwoman, you could hear a purr in her voice whenever she talked, and I think she was much better than Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfieffer, or that other one that no one can ever seem to remember the name of.

She was best know as a singer though, and rose from humble beginings in the cotton fields of South Carolina to an entertainment career that spanned more than 50 years, and while she had many other songs to her credit, my favorite was, is, and shall always be "Cha Cha Heels". I hope you all enjoy it, but I must admit I've been wondering something about this song ever since I became involved with the imperial court system. Why has no drag queen that I've seen EVER performed this song???

No comments: