Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Full Monty

Just got back from my audition for the Modesto Performing Arts. Now I just have to wait till Tuesday, 12/1/10 to find out if I was cast as Dave Bukatinski.

The role is of a somewhat overweight steel mill worker, who struggles to lose weight and keep his marriage together. The role calls for great comic timing, and I hope I was able to turn a misstep into an advantage.

For my audition song, I chose "A Comedy Tonight" from the musical "A Funny Thing Happened On My Way to the Forum". I was a bit nervous and flubbed some of the words. Not knowing what else to do, and wanting to show the director so much that I have comic timing, out of nowhere I said "Please forgive me. I'm usually much more talented than this". He burst out laughing at that.

Later, when I had to sing the chorus from the song "Let It Go!", I introduced myself again by saying, "Hello. I'm Wesley 'The Anti-Situation' Foreman. Again, he burst out laughing.

I will never say anything negative about my competition. I'll just say that I hope with all my heart for good news come Tuesday.

No comments: