Wednesday, September 23, 2009

No Good Deed . . . .

Let me start out by saying it's my own fault for not asking the right questions, but I missed work today because I let a friend borrow my car for a trip to Marin County in exchange for the use of his car to get to and from work.

His car works fine for a short trip like I needed to make, but for the long trip to the Bay Area, it wouldn't have been a good idea. No, the problem (and question I forgot to ask) was the alarm was not turned off, and my friend didn't tell me the combination.

I'll leave you all to imagine how surprised I was when I opened the car door to hear that blaring noise and see those few of my neighbors up at that hour looking at me like I was some sort of criminal. "LOL". I'm still amazed the police didn't pay a call during the day to ask why I "tried to steal my friends car".

I called my boss at work to let them know I wouldn't be in, and told them I couldn't get my car to start, and would be taking it into the auto repair shop since I don't know the first thing about cars. I just hope my boss doesn't call the place I mentioned to see if I actually did go there.

If he does, and I get into trouble, I suppose you could call this whole little adventure a case of no good deed going unpunished.

(Sigh)

No comments: