Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Updating My Damn Blog!

Hi, everybody. Don't worry, I'm not mad, upset, or anything like that. I'm just borrowing the words of one of my "legion" of admiring readers who asked me recently to . . . well, I think you can guess.

I suppose I have been a little remiss in keeping you all up to date about events in my life, and for that I'm sorry, so, let's get busy with the updating.

Recently I auditioned for a part in the Stockton Civic Theatre production of "Barefoot In the Park". Unfortunately for me, there were so many talented people that auditioned, I wasn't cast in this really funny play. Oh well, there's always the next play to audition for, the Richard Rodgers production "I Remember Mama". I'm not going to mention what part I'm hoping for because I don't want to jinx my chances and Lord knows there's a person who won't let me forget the time I said "MacBeth" backstage (and I hope it's not unlucky to spell it out here on my blog). I had done the "Scottish Play"in high school, and just mentioned it in passing, when he seemed to get all huffy and insisted I go outside, turn around three times and spit. I did of course, not because I believe in the superstition, but because I wanted so much to be liked by and be friends with the people in that production.

Also, if you get a chance before the end of the run, I so recommend going to see the S.C.T. presentation of "Hats: The Musical". This is a fantabulous tribute to the ladies of the Red Hat Society that I'm sure you'll all get a hoot out of.

Aside from my theatrical ambitions, not much else has been happening in my life. I've been experimenting with some new recipes, and hope to have them ready for my next Recipe of the Month, but in general, my life has been pretty boring.

Well, until next time, I promise that in the future I'll try to keep you informed.

No comments: