Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm In Training & It's Working!

O.k., so far it's only been 5 days in a row I've managed to drag my fat ass to the gym for my hour of cardio per day I made as part of my new years resolutions, but in that 5 days I've managed to loose 3.5 lbs. I'm Ecstatic!

I know there is someone out their with a snide attitude just dieing to tell me how "It's only water weight and it's only 3.5 lbs. Don't get so high and mighty with us!", but I don't care, it's still weight loss. So, you can keep your toxic attitude, I'll keep my joy, confidence, and renewed sense of self-esteem.

What's my secret? Eating less, eating better, and getting regular exercise (see the first paragraph). Yes, I put down the bag of cookies and took a walk, and for the moment I'm averaging .5 lbs a day in weight loss.

If I were able to keep that up, I could lose 100 lbs well before my next cruise with Atlantis and Royal Caribbean, but I know full well, that as I get closer and closer to my ideal body weight goal, the gains (or should I say losses) will come slower and slower and harder and harder, but I'm o.k. with that.

I'll try to keep you updated on my progress, but I cannot decide how to present it. Should I let you know each time I get to an even weight (eg 240 lbs, 230 lbs, 220 lbs, etc, etc), or should I talk about the weight I've reached on a weekly or monthly basis? I'd ask for your replies in the comments section, or maybe take a survey, but we all know how likely it is anyone will respond or reply. I guess I'll just have to wing it.

Either way, don't worry, I'll keep you informed.

No comments: