Saturday, January 9, 2010

You Gotta Love the Hypocrites

Before I begin, I should tell you all how I was brought up in a religious household. Church every Sunday, two cousins in the choir, bake sales and socials throughout the year, and while I personally have not read the whole bible cover to cover, many of my relatives have, so I know as much, if not more, than your average, right wing, conservative bigot.

Now, yesterday, while I was waiting in line at the credit union to make my car loan payment, I saw one guy had tattooed on his arm "Leviticus 18:22". This is the chapter and verse the assholes of the world use to deny gay people their civil rights and basic human dignity. The dumb ass was displaying his hypocrisy for the whole world to see, and it drove me up a F***ING wall.

Why do I call him a hypocrite? Because if he had read just a little bit further along in the same book, he would have come across Leviticus 19:28 which is basically "Thou shalt not have a tattoo on thy skin".

Just one more example of the people who oppress us not living up to or living by the very Bible they use to condemn us.

God love 'em.

No comments: